Monday, September 4, 2017

It’s Wonderful

September 4th, 2017

Hey, 

This last week was full of mangezvous and rendezvous. Man, it sure is exhausting to run around busy all the time. It was great. We got to see some of our Amis and we can start to kind of see the work continue progressively since we've came in. 

It started off with Zone Conference and interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday. I had my last interview ever which is weird to say. It was my last zone conference ever and it was six hours long. It was nice to hear more from the new mission president and see what he expects out of us. He's definitely got the fire and the energy to motivate us. I know he is doing his best effort and it doesn't seem too terribly rough on him so far. 

We had a lunch appointment with Vilma. She cooked us a full course meal including salad and dessert. She told us she was firmly Catholic, but accepted the Book of Mormon quand-même. She seemed pretty interested in it and she committed to read it. It was so cool to have her cook for us and listen to us as well. She's super nice. 

We met with a current ami for the first time, Marie. She is a young Ecuadorian. She works long hours everyday so we went to her house Saturday morning. And she cooked us breakfast. She's very respectful and she believes in her ways, but took in the message well. She is going to start reading the Book of Mormon, too. 

Then we saw another current ami, Molly. She's from Haiti and super cool. She was pressed for time but it was great to get to know her. I feel great about the people we have here and I know we can advance the work here in this sector. 

It's definitely going well. As I'm arriving at the finishing line I realize more and more how precious time is for a missionary. Before I'll know it, my plaque won't be on my chest anymore and the mission will end. I just need to use the time I have left to serve and help this ville. 

Take care and have a good week. 

Sincerely, 

Elder Aburto