Monday, June 27, 2016

Responsibilities...

June 27th, 2016

So it was a good, long week.

Transfer Day was hectic as usual. Elder Bennett and I took a 3-hour train to Paris to meet up with our new companions. It was cool to see everyone in the train station dressed in Euro cup gear. But it was also kind of sad because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch any of the games. The action is here in France and it's a little hard to stand not watching it at all. Good thing there's only two more weeks.

Well, I got my new comp, Elder Taylor. He's from Idaho Falls and only has 3 months left in his mission. We're getting along so far.

This week again was hard for us to get in touch with our Amis, so we did a lot of finding these last few days. And it was HOT outside! It got to like 94 ºF, and it's really humid here in Mulhouse. So I'm not wearing my suit jacket again anytime soon.

This last Saturday we had District Leader Training Meeting in Strasbourg. In that meeting the Zone Leaders explained to us President Babin's vision for the transfer. It took about an hour, and it was pretty straightforward, and I felt comforted that I have the support of the Zone Leaders to be able to fulfil my responsibility.

For some reason, after the meeting and for the past couple days, I've felt pretty tired. I woke up this morning and I felt dead tired. I guess this is the life of a District Leader. My first District Meeting as a DL will be this Friday. And I have no idea what I'm going to say.

And next week, President and Sœur Babin will be present in our District Meeting. I'm pretty nervous.

Yesterday, after the France game, everyone was blowing horns and partying in the starts in centreville. So it was pretty obvious to figure out who won...

Well, that's all I've got for this week. See you later.

Sincerely,

Elder Aburto

In answer to your question: Probably right now I do like 40% of the talking in lessons and the language is definitely getting easier. I understand most things, now. You can see your progression every time you're with a "bleu" missionary. It's hard to have a feel for it, but we're progressing a little bit each day.