Monday, June 20, 2016

The Répetoire...

June 20th, 2016

What a week.

Well, I had a great birthday on Friday. We had our Finding Day here in Mulhouse that day. Surprisingly, it didn't rain as much as we thought it would. It was nice. We were able to get a couple of members to work with us, Frère Mortz (the bishop), and Frère Cascione. And as a matter of fact, it was a successful day. We found a family while doing porting and several others who let us come again another time. It was the first time that I'd seen any success out of porting. What a miracle!

On Saturday, Belfort had another baptism here in Mulhouse. Their ami, Danny got baptized. So that makes the first 2 baptisms in Belfort in over 12 years! And they were this last transfer. And their Recent Convert went to the baptism and is staying active. The work is definitely looking up over here.

This week was again pretty difficult with getting in contact with our Amis, because for some reason, all of them had to work extra hours last week so we weren't able to really see anyone. But the family we found definitely made up for it.

Saturday was repertoire day. The Zone Leaders called that morning and extended the call for me to be the District Leader here in Mulhouse. Obviously I had to accept, but what? Are you for real? And the scariest part is that most likely, President and Sœur Babin will be present when I do my first District Meeting... So can you please pray for me so that I don't ruin this district?

I'm also getting a new companion, Elder Taylor. I sure hope we get along.

Outside of all that, it's all good here in France. Les Bleus have won their group and apparently are looking strong. The rain is coming down hard almost everyday. Good thing I'm not in Paris:) Oh, yeah, and also, We're reopening BRUSSELS!!!!!!

It may have been a bad week in sports for America, but I am positive the Cleveland Cavaliers would not have won the Finals if they were in the Western Conference. Just something for everyone to think about...

Yours truly

Elder Carlos E. Aburto


P. S. What happened to Mexico?????

I thought they were supposed to do good.

Well, thanks for the package. It came on Thursday and I ate all of the chips. Probably the hardest part about living in France is the lack of good chips.