Monday, July 18, 2016

Les Vacances

July 18th, 2016
It was a good week for missionary work.
As many may know, it was Bastille Day this past 14th of July. It's the holiday of the independence of France from..... themselves I guess? I thought it was going to be lots of fun with parties all over, but on the contrary. Everyone was inside and sleeping.
We went to Belfort to work with the elders over there for a couple of days. It was great fun. Elder Farnworth, the bleu, is amazing. In the mornings we were there, we ran two 5k's. It was very tiring and my feet were killing after the second time. But if you can run a 5k every morning, what can't you do?
It was another week of vacances, which means another week of everyone being out of town, and not being able to keep in touch with our Amis, so it was a lot of finding this last week again. Plus we had our Mulhouse Finding Day, too. It was a long day, but we saw success as many people were willing to talk with us. 
Papi, it's interesting that you just talked about success, because that's exactly what I talked about in district meeting. That many times us as missionaries fall into comparing ourselves with others and feel that we aren't making much of a difference compared to others. But just because our numbers are different doesn't mean we aren't making just as big of an impact. Usually we forget that this is about serving other people than about our desires. 
And today we met with a Muslim-Spaniard dude. His name is Abdul and lived in Valencia for a long time. He's here in Mulhouse to find work and is very open. He doesn't speak French, so it was awesome to finally use my Spanish in Mulhouse. Though, I am a little rusty with church vocab since I use French all the time. It was a great time. It was just me and Abdul talking in Spanish the whole time and my comp could just only sit there. It was kind of funny.
Mom, I agreed with what you said about prayers. We have to understand that God wants to hear us talk and not just a robot who says the same things over and over. My relationship with Him has improved as I've been more genuine with Him.
The weather is warm, the prices are low, what else can I ask for?
Sincerely,
Elder Aburto