Monday, November 28, 2016

La Conférence de Zone

November 28th, 2016

Bonjour,

This week we had an awesome Zone Conference in Paris with Elder Homer. It was great. He talked about how the Spirit works. President Babin talked about the story of Elijah and the widow, and compared us missionaries with the widow. I thought it was really good. There were a lot of missionaries finishing their missions that gave their farewell testimonies and they were all really good. A couple things that stuck out to me were that Sœur Woolley said in her testimony: "The mission is not a sacrifice, it's a gift." And Elder Rivas who said: "No matter my situation, I choose to be happy."  Which I noticed was a reoccurring theme through the Conference. The truth is, even if we don't see any baptisms or many progressing Amis, we can still choose to be happy and enjoy the mission. Something that Elder Homer said was that "The work we've been called to do can only be done by us. No one else can do the work that you've been called to do yourself." I thought that was cool.

It was also my year-mark since the time I arrived in France, too. It's crazy to think that a year ago today I was in Brussels.

For Thanksgiving, Elder Bishop's family sent him stuff to make pumpkin pie, so we celebrated with a pumpkin pie!!

We had a district finding day in La Rochelle on Saturday. It went really well and everyone was able to find us some new people to teach. It's a lot of fun to do missionary work with a big group. It was funny 'cause we approached this one guy who told us he wasn't interested because he was part of the Témoigne Jehuehe... we knew he was trying to say the Témoigne Jehovahs but he didn't know what to say. Haha.

Have a good week everyone!

Love, 

Elder Aburto