Monday, June 12, 2017

Cómo no te voy a querer

June 12th, 2017

Hello everyone.

This week was very special. I had my last zone Conference and interviews with the Babins. It was very sad. To me, it'll feel like a completely different mission when we get the American guy in a couple weeks. The Babins reassured us that things will be alright and he work will move on. I gotta say, I love the way President Babin treated us. He treated us like we were all his children and he loved us all so much. He put his whole heart into his calling the past 3 years and has influenced many lives, including mine. I asked him in my interview with him how hard it was for him and he said despite all of the challenges, he didn't view it as a sacrifice on his part, but blessings from the Lord. Pretty cool.

In 2 weeks President Sorensen will come with his wife, five kids and his mother-in-law. They're pretty young and not French, so it'll probably be difficult for them to take over for the Babins. President Babin mentioned this and made us promise him that we will make the Sorensens feel welcomed and at home. I hope all will go well.

It was great to get that last interview with Sœur Babin over with. Because mama's not easy.

I got to spend a day in Lorient on an exchange. It's on the south-central part of Bretagne. It's a port and very nice. The elders apartment is right by the stade de fut where FC Lorient play.

Not a whole lot to report in terms of work this week. But this upcoming week we've got several rendezvous planned so it should be a good one.

Have a wonderful semaine, everyone.

Love,

Elder Aburto