Tuesday, November 10, 2015

2 more weeks

November 10th, 2015
Hi, y'all
I only have two more weeks at the MTC! Time is flying! This past week hasn't been as extreme as the first week, so that's good.
Yesterday, we hosted for incoming senior missionaries, it was actually pretty fun. We spend so much time in our classroom that it was nice to do something different. Either way, the MTC is still great, I get better at French every day, and my testimony grows every day.
An interesting thing about the MTC is the relationships you make in such a short time. This morning, a district left to Montreal, Canada. They were French-speaking, so they were in our zone. Over a period of a few weeks our two districts formed a good relationship. And now that they've left, there's a hole in the spot that they were and we miss them. This only happens at a place like the MTC.
We get our travel plans this Friday!
It doesn't feel real. I think that it won't feel real until I'm in France for a week, because all of this is just breezing by.
Yesterday we had a powerful lesson by Frère Adams on the Holy Ghost. We all learned that the Holy Ghost is more powerful than we give it credit for, and we all need to spend more time individually with the spirit.
Well, see you later and remember que sí se puede!
Sincerely,

Elder Carlos Enrique Aburto

Thanks for the chips and candy. Me and Elder Galván liked them but everyone else in my district despises lo picante [spicy],  which I don't have a problem with. Because then I can eat it all myself.
By the way, I ran into President Wolfert a few days ago. He told me he was a branch president for a German branch here, so that's cool.
Hey papi, when do the eliminatorias for Rusia start? How is La Liga BBVA and The EPL and Serie A? And most importantly, How is Ligue Un?? I hope I’ll be able to keep up while I'm there.
I'll let you know what time I'm flying next week since we'll get our flight plans this Friday. It looks like we'll leave on the 23 de Noviembre en vez del 24. 
Feliz Cumpleaños, Papi!! Has crecido y sabes más, que los cumplas feliz [One year older and wiser, too. Happy birthday to you.] Thanks for caring enough for me to regañarme [scold me]. You are a great father. And you have been a giant blessing in my life. So big, that I can't put it in words. 
Je vous aime!

Elder Carlos Enrique Aburto


Dos semanas más
10 de noviembre de 2015
Hola a todos:
¡Sólo me quedan dos semanas en el CCM! ¡El tiempo se ha ido volando! La semana pasada no estuvo tan intensa como la anterior, así que por ahí estamos bien.
Ayer nos pusieron a recibir a matrimonios misioneros que llegaron al CCM y fue bien divertido. Como la mayor parte del tiempo la pasamos encerrados en un salón de clases nos cayó bien hacer algo distinto. De todas maneras el CCM es lo máximo, cada día voy mejorando el francés y mi testimonio crece.
Algo interesante que sucede aquí son las relaciones que cultivas en tan poco tiempo. Hoy en la mañana, un distrito se fue a Montreal, Canadá. Era un grupo que va a hablar francés y estaba en nuestra zona. En sólo unas cuantas semanas los dos distritos formamos una buena relación. Ahora que ya se fueron quedó como un hueco y los echamos de menos. Esas cosas sólo pasan en un lugar como el CCM.
¡Este viernes nos darán nuestro itinerario de viaje!
Como que no me la creo, y creo que no me la voy a creer hasta que ya lleve en Francia una semana, porque todo esto se ha ido volando.
Ayer, Frère Adams nos dio una clase buenísima sobre el Espíritu Santo. Aprendimos que el Espíritu es más poderoso de lo que pensamos y que tenemos que pasar más tiempo en forma individual con Él.
Bueno, pues nos vemos luego y recuerden que ¡sí se puede!
Afectuosamente,
Élder Carlos Enrique Aburto

Mami y papi:
Gracias por los Takis y los dulces. Al élder Galván y a mí nos encantaron pero a todos los demás de mi distrito no les gusta lo picante, lo cual no me molesta en lo absoluto porque así todo me lo como yo.
Por cierto, el otro día me encontré al presidente Wolfert, me dijo que está de presidente de una rama en alemán, ¡qué buena onda!
Papi: ¿cuándo empiezan las eliminatorias para Rusia? ¿Cómo va La Liga BBVA, la EPL y la Serie A? Pero sobre todo, ¿cómo está la Ligue Un? Espero mantenerme al día cuando esté allá.
Después les aviso a qué hora salgo la próxima semana, ya que el viernes nos dan los itinerarios. Parece que nos iremos el 23 de noviembre en lugar del 24.
¡Feliz cumpleaños, Papi! Has crecido y sabes más, que los cumplas feliz. Gracias por quererme lo suficiente como para regañarme. Eres un gran papá y has sido una enorme bendición en mi vida, tan grande que no lo puedo poner en palabras.
¡Je vous aime!

Élder Carlos Enrique Aburto