Monday, April 10, 2017

À Brest!

April 10th, 2017

Hey so the repertoire came out and...

I'm getting transferred to Brest! In Bretagne. I've heard the world about the place and I'm really excited. I hear the branch is really small. Mom, remember your friend from work, Claire? She told me over the phone that she had some friends in Bretagne that she'd like me to contact if is was ever over there. So, you can ask her about that. 
It's always bittersweet to leave villes. This place is unique. It's probably the smallest area out here and the people up are so warm and friendly, it'll definitely a change from up north to the west. It's always exciting, though. Everyone talks about how great the region of Bretagne is, and apparently it rains everyday there, too. 

The great thing about life is that you never have to say goodbye. Even if we never see someone again in this life, we'll see them again hereafter. It's something the mission's changed about me, because before I used to hate saying goodbye, but now it's no big deal. I guess that's another thing that comes from the prince of peace. 

We had a district finding day this last Friday and we were able to find a couple of new people for Langley and his new comp to teach. We understand work here in Europe is different, but I feel that if missionaries just make and effort to improve the area they're working in, they're being successful quand-même. 

Mami's name is getting more famous. A few members here asked me if I was related to her. Oh yeah, President Eyring has a grandson serving in this mission, too, so don't forget to mention that to him the next time you see him. 

It's the season of change. Flowers come out. New Presidents making changes. New callings. New villes. New beginnings. 

Have an amazing week.

Love, 

Elder Aburto