Monday, April 17, 2017

La Bretagne

April 17th, 2017

Bonjour,

It's been a great first week here in Bretagne. I heard a lot about this place before coming here. Many missionaries grow attached to this place and find it hard to leave. Well, I'm finally here, and it's definitely living up to the hype. It's a really nice region. Everything is really green. 

The ville is pretty decent. It's about 150,00 big. So it's a lot bigger than my last area. Walking around the ville, one can tell this place got decimated in the war and a lot of new buildings got reconstructed in place of the old ones. The branch is about the same size as St-Omer's so we had like 30 people come to sacrament meeting yesterday. The branch president is a senior couple missionary, Elder Griffin, from Lehi. My new companion, Elder Marion, is awesome. He's from Colorado and has been out for about 9 months. He's a stud missionary and I'm excited to be with him for the next little while. 

Something that I'm tired of hearing is that missionary work is hard here. I heard that missionary work is hard in Brest before I came over here, but frankly, is it easy anywhere? I feel like if missionary work were super easy entonces no tendría chiste. But we're here. So we're just going to do our best to make a difference in this secteur. We have a few Amis that we feel are pretty close to baptism, but just need a little time and help to get there. 

En fait, we are going to the temple this Friday. We'll have a special tour for our mission the couple days just before the open house begins on the 22 of April.  At long last, after a year and a half of living here, I'll finally get to see the Temple. 

As far as the NBA is, I feel like the Clippers are turning into the Arsenal of the NBA; big names, big city, commercials and commercials, a couple good games here and couple there, but at the end of the day they don't do anything. I feel with a healthy Rudy Gobert, the Jazz should be able to beat them. Beat LA! Beat LA! 

Well, enough of this... Have a great week, mes potes!

Love,

Elder Aburto