Monday, April 3, 2017

What a Blessing

April 3rd, 2017

Hello tout le monde,

It's been good living here in the last little while.

We haven't really been able to see many of our Amis this week, but we did have a great rendezvous with LeBrun and Elodie. We taught the first part of the Plan du Salut. I love sitting in rendezvous with Lebrun because he understands so well and I don't feel like we have to make a strong effort to try to make him understand, because he just gets it. The spirit is always really present in the room whenever we go over. It's awesome to get to see them see the blessings of the gospel in their lives.

We went to Annie's a few days ago, and she still wants to see us it's just her boyfriend who was upset with us that one day. But she's not going to let that keep us from teaching her. We hope that by counselling together, they can both agree on taking the discussions from us, not just Annie.

...And just like that Conference came around and left again. It was the last General Conference I'll have as a missionary and I've got to say it was great. It was very uplifting and edifying and motivating. Some of my favourite talks were Elder Rasband's about following the Spirit, Elder Bednar's about being called to serve, and others.

May we all enjoy the wonderful gospel in our lives and have a great week.

Love,

Elder Aburto

2nd Counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency?

Wow. Yeah, mom is a GA, that's crazy. It's interesting because I felt it coming. After you guys mentioned last week that Sœur Burton would get released I just felt like mami would get called. It's interesting too because I think Elder Hein could feel it as well as he asked me about it the day before. I could feel that President Uchdorf was going to read off mami's name and he did. I was expecting it so I wasn't really in shock. I know God makes his decisions precisely and carefully and doesn't just do things randomly.

I know mom will do great as 2nd Counselor in the General Relief Society and yes you do speak good enough English. Just as Zidane returned to Real Madrid, mami returns to Salt Lake in a new position.

And she's from la cantera as well.

Viva Nicaragua!
Viva Nicaragua!
Viva Nicaragua!

Love,

Elder Aburto

"Por mi raza, hablará el espíritu." –UNAM