Sunday, March 20, 2016

Getting Better

March 14th, 2016

So, this week, I felt pretty sick from Monday to Wednesday still. So I did not leave the apartment for that time.  I finally got out on Thursday, but I still did not feel that good altogether.

On Friday we had Jefferson's baptism. It was nice to be there even though I wasn't feeling one-hundred percent. Just to refresh, Jefferson is our 9 year old ami, whose mom is inactive and always goes to Church with his older sister. We taught him all of the lessons and he finally got baptised on Friday. Elder Cisneros baptised him.  It felt great to see it happen. He's a really good kid and I can see him having a great future in the church.

Yesterday we had stake conference. We had Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy come and speak to us. His wife also spoke and she spoke really well. I was impressed. After church we were able to give Andrè the sacrament. We've been looking for someone to drive him to Church and apparently no one can, but we asked the bishop if we could at least give him the sacrament each week. He approved, so Andrè got the sacrament yesterday.

This week is zone conference, so I'll see Pres. and Sœur Babin and my whole zone this Thursday. We unfortunately were not able to teach any of our other Amis this week, much of the reason was me being sick. But this week should be better! I'm feeling a little better every day.

I think I'm still sick, but the worst part is over for sure.

Peace and Love,

Elder Aburto


14 de marzo de 2016

Pues esta semana estuve todavía bastante enfermo de lunes a miércoles y todos esos días estuve sin salir del departamento. Pude salir hasta el jueves y aún no me sentía totalmente recuperado.

El viernes tuvimos el bautismo de Jefferson. Con todo y que no estaba al cien por ciento fue buena onda estar ahí. Sólo para que recuerden, Jefferson es un ami de 9 años que va a la Iglesia con su hermana que es mayor que él, y la mamá de ellos es inactiva. Le dimos todas las charlas y el viernes finalmente se bautizó, lo bautizó el élder Cisneros y fue una linda sensación presenciar el acontecimiento. Él es un niño muy bueno y me parece que tendrá un gran futuro en la Iglesia.

Ayer tuvimos conferencia de estaca y el élder Patrick Kearon de los Setenta estuvo presente y nos habló. También estuvo ahí su esposa quien dio un excelente discurso; en fait, me impresionó. Después de la Iglesia, le llevamos la Santa Cena a Andrè. Hemos estado buscando a alguien que lo lleve a la capilla, pero parece que nadie puede, así que le preguntamos al obispo si estaba bien si por lo menos le llevábamos la Santa Cena todas las semanas y nos dijo que sí, así que Andrè recibió la Santa Cena ayer.

Esta semana tendremos conferencia de zona y voy a poder ver al presidente y la sœur Babin, y a toda la zona este jueves. Lamentablemente, esta semana no pudimos visitar a ninguno de nuestros amis debido a que estuve enfermo. ¡Pero esta semana debe ser mejor porque siento que mejoro cada día!

Todavía me siento un poco mal, pero lo peor ya pasó.

Amor y paz,


Élder Aburto